Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Satsang His Mysterious Ways

Satsang His Mysterious Ways

His Mysterious Ways
By R. Subbulakshmi
In December 1984, I had a problem in my uterus and underwent a major surgery
in abdomen in January 1985. After the operation, I grew weak as I am past
fifty. I needed help for everything, even to turn over or sit up in bed. It
was very discouraging. One day feeling utterly helpless. I complained to my
Sai-half, Sri R. Radhakrishnan: "Why do I keep on living? What good am I? I
am just a nuisance. I can't do anything for anyone".

He was preparing himself to go to Shirdi for participating in the Sai Leela
meet scheduled for 27th and 28th Jan, 1985. He answered with a smile: "Oh" I
don't know about it. I think there is something you can do. You can pray to
Lord Sainath for the sake of others". What a good medicine that was. There,
flat on my back, I began to pray for my fellow-patients, for the doctors and
nurses, for Sai-bandhus, for any one who came to mind. And as I did, I found
I was moping less, and focusing more on the world outside. Without knowing
it, I was getting out of myself, out into the world -if only in spirit. And
eventually I was there physically too.

In fact, my health improved, so much, so that a year later, I could
accompany my husband to Shirdi in February 1986 for the annual Gathering of
Sai Leela Contributors and later and to Vijayawada to participate in the
Akhanda Sai-Nama Saptaham. Today I am living at home, and I am able to take
care of myself, but I am still following that excellent prescription for
feeling useful.

Source
http://www.saileelas.org/magazines/saipadananda/july1988.htm

No comments: