Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Satsang THE MERCIFUL SAI BABA (November 1985)

THE MERCIFUL SAI BABA (November 1985)"PEOPLE ARE VERY IGNORANT. WHEN THEY DO NOT SEE MY PHYSICAL BODY, THEY THINKI AM ABSENT."- Shirdi SAI BABA"The result of "Karma" is inevitable. But, by repeating the Name of God, youcan lessen its intensity. If you are destined to have a wound as wide as aploughshare, you'll get pinprick."- Holy Mother SARADAMANI DEVIIn the course of my work, I had to make a business call at SURI in BirbhumDist., West Bengal. It is my practice to carry always in my VIP brief case acabinet size coloured photograph of the SAI-Idol of Shirdi Sai Baba in theSamadhi Shrine, Sai-Udhi, Joss Sticks etc., to enable me to worship Sai evenin my tours. I boarded an Express Bus (WNM 4821) at 6.30 a.m on 5-8-'85 atthe Esplanade Bus Stand with my personal effects. The bus sped off at 7.00a.m. and I alighted at BURDWAN for snacks and tea with my co-passengers at10.25 a.m. We were allowed 10 minutes time. I went back to the bus standafter six minutes to find to my horror that the bus was gone with my VIPbrief case containing the Company's important documents also. It hurt me tothe quick; but I realized soon that only Sai Baba could rescue it for me andI should also play my part in the game. When I was to chart my course ofaction, I beheld a YEZDI nearby. I requested its driver to help me and heagreed. He drove it at 60 M.P.H. a part of the way. Then I switched over toa lorry, then to a State Bus with a view to pursuing the Express Bus butfailed. By now, I was at PANAGARH, exhausted. Despite my dedicated serviceto the helpless children of Shirdi Sai Baba, panic gripped me for while. Idid not like anything to be half-done. Suddenly the line, "Do your duty andSai will do His" hit my mind. I gathered courage and caught the 12.30 p.m.Express Bus bound for SURI. It arrived at Suri at 2.50 p.m.My living and pulsating faith in Shirdi Sai Baba helped my mind not to runamuck as thought my mind was on Sai and the important documents in the briefcase. I ran from pillar to post and finally located the Express Bus (WNM4821) near the Birbhum Cinema Hall. It was empty. Its driver and theconductor were relaxing. I related to them my woes. They suggested to me totake a close look inside the bus and try my luck and they added with a touchof Hitchcockian mystery that the bus was already swept clean by the sweepera few minutes ago. All the same, I boarded the bus and after a carefulsearch seat by seat found to my joy my VIP brief case untampered below myreserved Seat No.3. I reported my finding to them and they were taken aback,not me. I opened the brief case to show them Shirdi Sai Photo & Udhi andthey instantly saluted Him saying unconsciously that it was He who made thisbrief case invisible to the sweeper.The play of DESTINY and the mercy of Shirdi SAI BABA did not come to an endhere.On my return journey to Calcutta, I went to AHMEDPUR Railway Stn., andwaited there for boarding a connecting train to Burdwan. The scheduledBurdwan Passenger train was late. So "Kanchanjunga" Express train was theone available train to reach Burdwan. Even though it stops at AHMEDPURrailway station signal point on all nights, this night the signal was clearand it thundered past all of us. Two hours later, the Burdwan passengertrain crawled to the AHMEDPUR railway stn., i.e., at 9.20 p.m. Hardly fourpassengers were in the compartment. I grew suspicious and thought of aprobable encounter with dacoits later. Those four Bengali passengers advisedme not to take any risk but to alight at BHOLPUR and spend the night in ahotel. I heeded their advice. When I glance — at 'The Telegraph" nextdaybreak at my hotel at Bholpur, I read the report that the "Kanchanjunga"Express train that had sped past us at AHMEDPUR had collided with astationary goods train between TALIT and KANAN Jn., killing a few andinjuring many. How deeply grateful I was to Sai that He had saved me from anencounter with death.Thus Shirdi SAI BABA helped me to continue my bodily existence in thismundane world to serve His children and my dependants who are also Hisdevout children.Every act of man is a chisel stroke of destiny; but every Divine Act ofShirdi Sai Baba neutralises the negative destiny of his faithful devotee.T.R. ANANDCalcutta-700 029.The experiences of Devotees as published in Shri Sai Leela Magazine, can beread at www.saileelas.org/magazines/SAILEELA/exp.htm

No comments: