Monday, March 13, 2006

Subject: Satsang AN ATHEIST TURNS DEVOTEE (November 1985)

AN ATHEIST TURNS DEVOTEE (November 1985)
As I believed that Sai is solely responsible for doing all the good things
or bad, (which also finally lead to good), so have I experienced, it in
life. These experiences in my life made me turn into a devotee from an
atheist. Unlike other things of the world Sai leelas are in-extinguishable
and do not have any limitations and boundaries. The recent experiences in my
life make me think that Sai cares, for each and everyone who comes to Him in
good faith, whether he is a devotee or not. Really I also experienced the
truth of His words "If you look upto me I look after you", "Cast all your
burden on me and I shall bear it".

It was from my early childhood that I saw the photo of an oldman being
garlanded, in most of my relatives houses, and on asking, came to know that
it was of the Shirdi Sai Baba. Towards the end of 1981, I unexpectedly got a
chance to visit Shirdi in the company of my mother because of her long
standing desire to go there. She had considered Sai Baba as her Guru and
also benefactor. She became a staunch devotee only due to a sudden and
unbelievable arrival of the photo of Shri Shirdi Saibaba followed by Shri
Sai Satcharitra. After finishing the first reading of the book, she felt so
peaceful and overjoyed that she automatically started worshipping Him as her
Guru and Saviour.

In the following year I got married. This was the first proposal for me
which came from a middle class family, and my mother entrusted the matter to
the decision of Shri Sai Baba and waited patiently for His guidance. In the
meantime she completed one parayana of Shri Sai Satcharita. She thought that
if the proposal moved further smoothly without our intervetion then she
would accept it, thinking that it had Baba's blessings. Thus keeping full
belief in Him,, she accepted the proposal which progressed smoothly without
any initiative on our part. Everyone gave his consert, but it was a tough
thing for my father to okay it as he had some other plans, for my future.
But my mother was able to convince my father about the suitability of the
match and he too gave his consert. Sai's miracle did not stop here. The
cermony was carried out with great pomp and solemnity. As it was a suddenly
settled marriage, it was difficult for us to find the necessary money. This
difficulty was also taken over by Sai, as money came pouring in from our
Income source and some we had to borrow. Now this borrowed money was repayed
within a short time. The real miracle had yet to come. Immediately after my
marriage my husband fell ill, without any symptoms. The illness was so
severe that his healthy body was reduced to skin and bone. We were all
perturbed and lost our mental peace as usually the newly married bride is
blamed for all the bad times her family has tp go through. My mother shed
tears and prayed to Lord Sai, to save us from any disaster and promised to
send us to Shirdi on the recovery of her son-in-low. He miraculously
recovered and we visited Shirdi in fulfilment of my mother's vow. Later we
came to know that it was truly a miracle which saved him. From that day
onward I completely surrendered myself to His feet and started worshipping
Him wholeheartedly.

I always pray to Lord Sai that he should always keep His devotees at His
feet and shower His blessings on them and also see that they slip not from
the path of devotion.

Mrs. Anuradha

The experiences of Devotees as published in Shri Sai Leela Magazine, can be
read at www.saileelas.org/magazines/SAILEELA/exp.htm

 
___________________

No comments: