Friday, February 17, 2006

Satsang THE LIGHT OF FAITH (SHRADDHA) (December 1983)


THE LIGHT OF FAITH (SHRADDHA) (December 1983)
"Shraddha" or "Faith" or "Belief" is one of the two biggest principles
preached by Shri "Sai" the "Navigator" of my "Ship of Life"
My very first visit to Shirdi was a sudden impulse.  I was not aware before,
that such a heaven as the "Sai Temple" where one realizes the bliss of true
happiness, to  true satisfaction, did exist on this earth.
My grandmother was a believer in Shri Sai.  She used to describe the
lighting of lamps by Shri Sai from not oil but water.  But like an
intelligent man, who finds something ridiculous in almost everything, I then
thought that the miracle, which she described, was only one of her
imagination.
My first visit to Shirdi in 1977 the event of which, I am now going to put
forward before the readers, turned me into a strong believer of Shri Sai.
It being my first visit to Shirdi, I was completely unaware of the
whereabouts of the place.  However enquiring here and there I did reach
Shirdi.   And Lo !  When I gazed upon the Lord and His Magnificance I was
awe stricken and amazed.  'Seeing is believing' and I was convinced by His
very first glimpse that He was indeed Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent
as He was described.
Step by Step one goes ahead.  My next visit to Dwarkamai then convinced me
that 'deeds speak louder than words'.
Seeing people light lamps at the Dwarkamai, raised an urge in my heart also
to do the same.   But I had no oil and neither was I Shri Sai to light lamps
from water.  Tears stood into my eyes and I crept quietly to a corner and
gave way to them.  I cried very bitterly.
Just then an old man came upto me and asked, "Beti, diya jalana chahti ho?"
I nodded and he commanded, "Chalo mere sath".  I followed him to a shop
behind Dwarkamai, where he told the shopkeeper to give me a bottle of oil
for Re 1/-.  The shopkeeper without saying anything, took the rupee from him
and gave me a bottle of oil, asking me, to return the bottle after the
purpose was served.
I returned happily back to Dwarkamai with HIM.  He guided me and with
trembling hands and tearful eyes, I lighted lamps all around Dwarkamai.  I
was happy and turned around to thank him.  But Lo!  He was nowhere to be
found.  I gazed from the picture of Sai and was wonderstruck to see a faint
image of the same old man smiling upon me and I understood.  "The sea
refuses no river".  "Look upon me and I shall look upon you !'  "Wish and I
shall grant" He had said.  Yes readers, my Baba had found me and I had found
Him.
In all the excitement I had completely forgotten my handbag !
The very thought that I had lost it sent shivers to my heart.  It contained
all my money, my return tickets and my costly camera.  My husband started
scolding me and blamed me for my carelessness and negligence.  I started
crying and immediately ran and bowed at His stone and wept.   I then heard a
'hiss' as if someone was calling me, I looked up and Lo !  Again I saw the
old man in His picture, this time pointing towards the "Dhuni".  "A dwarf
sees further than a giant when he has the gaint's shoulders to mount on".
Light had dawned on me !  While lighting the lamps I had left my purse near
Baba's Matka. I hurriedly climbed the steps of Dwarkamai and looked there.
Imagine the joy  and surprise I experienced, when I saw it lying just where
I left it, Inspite of the heavy rush in Dwarkamai it was still there left
untouched.  My Sai had guarded it for me ! I picked it up and immediately
ran to His stone and bowed and thanked him.  I vowed there and then to
remain His forever.  I asked Him to bless me.  The more we have the more we
want'.
Readers !  Small that I am, I may not have been successful in conveying the
various feelings and thoughts that had arisen in me through this experience.
But then, not the fruit of an experience but the experience itself is the
end, I had reached the ultimate goal.   The ultimate good Sai is beauty and
the ultimate goal His worship, the cherishing of all that is beautiful.
Leelas !  Leelas and Leelas
A thousand have I experienced.  My father !  My Lord !  My Sai !  has
blessed me with scores of them.   Little by little, bit by bit, I shall put
forward before you some of them as He commands me, for as I have told you
before Who am I but a means to an end !
Mrs. H.K. Chhapgar
Thane - 400 606.


The experiences of Devotees as published in Shri Sai Leela Magazine, can be
read at www.saileelas.org/magazines/SAILEELA/exp.htm
 
 
____________________________________
 
 

No comments: