Monday, February 06, 2006

Satsang TUNE IN SAI (December 1983)

TUNE IN SAI (December 1983)
I just received a letter from Sai Brother, Mr. T.A. Rama Nathan from
Sarangabad in which he had added a postscript :-
"Tune in 25, you get Radio Ceylon
Tune in Sai, you get Sai-grace alone"
How true a statement it is ? I was just pondering over two incidents in the year 1982 in which Sai-grace saved me in time.
I am working in Malnad area of Karnataka, which is known for rainfall, rich greenery, picturesque hills, beautiful natural scenery. June - July - August are the months when it rain cats and dogs and we sometimes do not see the sun at all.

7th July 1982 - was a fateful day for me. I was going on my Bullet
Motorcycle from my residence in Yelemadlu estate to the hospital in
Karkicondah, which is 4 kms away. I had to pass through a hilly road full of ups and downs, topsy - turvy curves and dense forest all around. As it was raining incessantly, even though I was wearing a helmet and a raincoat, I was almost drenched. Even though it was around 9 a.m., still mist was present.

After my marriage I have reduced my speed from 90 km to almost half of it and sometimes even less than that. As I was riding I suddenly heard a big sound - a tall hefty tree falling one ! The uprooted tree and the sound made me dazed and I lost control of the bike. I cried out for my saviour 'Sai Ram' and applied breakes unknowingly. I thought my end had come. Simultaneously the tree fell across the road with a big bang and my bike too hit the fallen tree-trunk with the engine getting off. It was all in a fraction of a second and I was thrown off the vehicle. It was all a razor's
edge that I escaped being jammed by the tree.

Slowly I got up and looked around. I was practically unhurt and the bike was also damaged very little. I returned to the shop close by and from there range up our Estate manager to send a rescue team to remove the road block. It was an old tree and possibly it might have been uprooted by the fast wind and rainfall. A glance at its trunk, which had a diameter of more
than five feet, made me shudder as I could imagine what would have happened if I was caught beneath it!
I am definite that it is Sai's ever vigilant grace on me that timed by bike to stop suddenly which itself it a great miracle.

Three months later, I had a similar experience. It was the 13th October 1982. I wanted to meet one of my friends, Dr. G.R. Ganesha Rao, who is practicing in Shanthigram - a village 20 km from our place. Since my motorcycle was out of order, I took our Company bike (an Yezdi) and took my assistant, Mr. Mingely D'Souza to go to Shanthigram.

After meeting Dr. Ganesha Rao, I was returning. I had to get down a hillock and then to cross a small bridge. As I was riding downwards, suddenly the bike started going in a zig-zag manner (fortunately there was no traffic) and I lost control over It. I was also frantic and could hear my Assistant 's yelling 'Sir' 'Sir'. I thought the vehicle would hit the culvert and
both of us with have a watery grave in the stream 50 feet below. I cried out for Sai's help, before we were thrown off the vehicle.

The bike had a puncture of the rear wheel and this was the cause for its zig-zag running. We were on the right side of the bridge and the vehicle had just hit the culvert. Both of us were saved by Lord Sainath's grace.

Sometime later a forest guard, who was also riding an Yezdi bike, had a puncture of the rear wheel and hit the culvert and had an instant death.
Tune in Sai, you get Sai grace alone !

Dr. G.R. Vijayakumar, Medical Officer
Karanataka.


No comments: