Thursday, March 23, 2006

EXPERIENCES (February 1944)

Sow. S.p. Devakiammal, Palayamcottah (Palamcotaa Govt. Training School for
Mistress) says: -


I have been a devotee of Sai for 16 months and visited Shirdi in June.
Lalitha aged 8; my only daughter was suddenly missed from my house at
Palayamacotta on Sept. 11th 1943. I informed Police and all. I prayed to
Baba. I wired to Shirdi and sent Rs.3 M.O. I got back Udhi and a hopeful
letter received on Mahalaya Amavasya stating that my child was at my home
only. My house belonged to one and his wife. They were requested to deliver
back my child. The professed to know nothing. Police however discovery. Baba
gave me assurance in my dream that my child was safe with my landlord who
has Sai Pictures.


I went to the landlord and asked him to swear on Baba's udhi that the child
was not with him. He evaded. I went to sleep. Baba in my dream mentioned
name and asked me to take a knife with me and threaten to commit suicide
with it, if the child be not restored. I went to the guilty person and
threatened to commit suicide, if the child be not promptly restored. He was
at that time having bloody motions. He told me that he heard Baba's voice
saying "Restore Child". He extorted from me a promise of secrecy and that
his wife took me to Kadambur and showed me the child. I got the child. He
had complained of the kidnapping and though the child's jewels had however
been taken away, by Baba's order. I withdraw the complaint. That child had
vision of Baba when she was wrongly confined, wherein he fed her. WE are
both staunch worshipers of Baba and are often getting his help. One instance
of his help was on my present journey. With a view to see the Educational
authorities regarding my posting or transfer, I purchased a 3rd class ticket
from Egmore. That was lost when I had traveled most of the way - I
discovered its loss when a Ticket Examiner asked for it. When I was unable
to produce it, he ordered me to alight. I wished to buy a ticket to Egmore.
He objected and wanted me to pay double fare for the journey Viz., Rs.16. I
had not money enough for that, I asked him to send me to Egmore and collect
the money there. He gruffly refused. The train by which I travelled I was
bewildered. I addressed Baba and said, " You served that lady who had fallen
down from the train. But here your strand me ! What trouble are you putting
me to?" A huge figure came down walking the platform. He said to me " I
think I know you. Where are you?" Then I told him that I was a
schoolmistress at Madras formerly and then narrated to him the vicissitudes
of fortune or misfortune that overtook me and how BABA had helped. His heart
was moved. He went and told the Ticket Examiner that he knew me and that I
must be helped out of my difficulty. By his kindness, though I was unable to
pay anything. I was sent to Madras by the next available train without any
loss or molestation. Baba appeared to me when I asked him about my
difficulties, he laughed and showed me a very old man's figure and said
that, that person would advise and help me. That figure was then unknown to
me. But when I went to 30, N.V.Chetty Street Triplicane, I found his picture
there and learnt it was the President, A.I.Sai Samaj. Accordingly I went to
A.I.S.S. and got the President's advice and help.


(Source Sai Sudha February 1944)

___________________

No comments: