Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Satsang MEETING WITH SRI M.B. REGE

To my knowledge she did not go in front of Baba nor sing bhajan in
front of him. Whenever I visited Shirdi she and I with occasionally
one or two others used to wash the floor of the Masjid when Baba
went to the Lendi and just, two months before she passed away in
1917, she came out after washing the Masjid, put her head on the
open verandah where Baba used to wash himself in mornings and
apparently went into a trance. Baba returned from the Lendi and
patting her on the back said, "Ramkrishni, why are you worry when

I am there". She started and ran away to her house. That was the
only occasion when I saw Baba saying anything to her personally
but on a number of occasions I found Baba having a sort of telepathic
communication with her.

Radhakrishna Ayee gave birth to a child and I was informed that the
child died immediately after and so did she.

Before Maha Samadhi, people gathered on Ramnavami day and the
Guru Poornima, when there was mass worship and offerings to Baba
of clothes and sweets etc., The sweets were distributed and the
clothes normally returned to the devotees. Baba did not worship any
idol and his worship that I saw was that done by a siddha.

The Ratha was presented by me and Shri Avasthi but people did not
know this. It was brought over in the night and put up there. Shri
Dasganu came for Darshan in the morning and Baba in his usual way
said to him, "See what people do, look that turbat (Tazia), is this
devotion?" Dasganu blamed Baba for allowing these things to be done
and started violently swearing at such devotees. after 10 minutes Baba
started smiling and said, "Ganu, are you blind and have you lost your
head? It is not a turbat. It is my Ratha, and I shall move in it the world
over." Physically He never used it.

I saw Baba in a violent temper sometimes. I was told that in the past
he used even strike people with his satka. When He was in a temper,
few people dared to go near him but he cooled down and was his own
loving self in no time.

I cannot say that I saw him engaged in dhyana or prayers but the
shastras says and I believe a Siddha is in eternal dhyana and that
every moment of his life is spent in the service of God.

I trust I have made myself clear. If there is any further explanation
wanted, I shall be very happy as I am in duty bound to furnish it to you.


I have been invited for the Maha Samadhi celebrations to Madras,
Coimbatore and other places. It is difficult for me to say in my present
condition of health whether I would be able to undertake the journey. If
I get well enough during the month that intervenes I shall come to Madras
and have the pleasure of meeting you there.

With love and kind regards.

Ever yours,
At the feet of the Master
(Sd.) M. B. REGE
(to be contd....)
BHARANIDHARAN
(SRIDHAR)
Chennai-600 017.
(Courtesy: Sai Sudha, Golden Jubilee Issue - June 1990, All India Sai Samaj
(Regd), Chennai-600004, India)

No comments: