Thursday, June 08, 2006

Satsang SHRI SAI BABA AND THEORY OF REBIRTHS

"Baba was greatly attracted to Dada Kelkar's (i.e., my
father-in-law's) nephew Babu. He was a measurer under
my assistant Limaye (I was then Asst. Supdt. of Revenue
Survey of Kopargaon and Yeola). But, instead of paying
due attention to his official work, he would go and stay at
Shirdi doing service to Baba. My assistant complained to
me, that my brother-in-law (Babu) was always going away
to Shirdi and neglecting his work. I communicated this to
Kelkar and he said, "What" is to be done? He is guided
and ordered by Baba."

In fact, Baba, knowing evidently, what was to happen to
Babu shortly, made light of his service and said,

"Blast the service! Let him serve Me!"

Babu was always attending on Baba and rendering as much
service as he could and Baba would always see that Babu
got the choicest delicacies, when they were available. So,
Limaye also let him do as he liked. In a few days Babu
passed away aged only 22 leaving an issueless widow."
In the same connection, sec, what Moreshwar W. Pradhan
of Santacruz has to say in his statement (P. 96-98):

"On the day we reached Shirdi, Baba said to Madhavrao
Deshpande, pointing to my wife, "This is the mother of
My Babu."

Mr. Chandorkar thought it must refer obviously to my
sister-in-law, who was believed to be pregnant and asked
Baba, pointing to my sister-in-law, "This is the lady, is it not?"
Baba replied,
"No. It is this."
And He again pointed to my wife.
Exactly twelve months from that date, my wife was delivered
of a male child and we have named that son 'Babu' (the name
used by Baba).

When Babu was four months old we took him to Shirdi. Sai
Baba took up Babu in His arms and endearingly addressed
Babu thus : "Babu! Where had you been? Were you vexed
with or weary of Me?"
To mark the joyous arrival of Babu at Shirdi, Baba pulled
out two rupees from His pocket, got burfi (sweets) for the
amount and distributed it exactly as they do on the occasion
of a son's birth. On this occasion Baba also said,
"Babu's bunglow is beautiful and ready."

Lt. Col. M.B. Nimbalkar (Retd.)
PUNE411 001.

___________________

No comments: