Monday, March 05, 2007

Satsang Chapter 47 :Sri_Sai_Sat_Charitra_Concise(Version)

Om Shree Ganeshaya Namah
Om Sai Ram Chapter 47:::
Baba recollecting previous births events Only refuge at the lotus feets of
saints would eradicate our sins.Baba narrated the following episode:
* "One day under a tree on a river bed when I was puffing my hookah a paaserby
joined me to share it. At that time we heard the loud croaking of a frog.I
told him that 'a frog is tasting the fruits of its bitter karmas of past'.
That man went and saw near the river bank and came saying that a big black
cobra had caught a big frog and the frog's life would be over in ten or twenty
minutes.I questioned how was that possible when I , its father was very much
there and went to river bed, against the protest of the man that the cobra
would attack us.I went near the cobra and said ' Oh Veerabadrappa ! Have you
not shed your hatred on Basappa even after your taking rebirth as a cobra.
Despicable' . Immediately the cobra dropped the frog and dived into the river
and disappeared while the frog leaped into the bushes. To the bewildered
passerby I narrated of the cobra and frog .' There was a Mahadeva temple
around here.The rich man of the place swindled the money given by the
residents for renovating the temple.The Lord appeared twice in the dream of
the rich man's wife and told her that if she gave her jewels to the temple
work He would return it hundred fold. The crooked man valued the jewels at Rs.
1000, retained them and gave to temple a waste baren land.Even that was not
his but belonged to one Dubagi,who had pledged it with that man.Thus, the
miser cheated everybody from God.Strange things happened.Lightning struck and
the rich man and his wife died,Dubagi too. The rich man was reborn as a poor
Brahmin [Veerabadrappa], his wife as the daughter [Gowri] of the temple priest
while Dubagi as the son [Basappa] of the assistant of the temple priest. The
girl Gowri worshipped Me and I assured the priest that her husband would come
of his own accord.Veerabadrappa on his wanderings for food from place to place
came to this place for alms. On my advice the priest gave Gowri in marriage to
him. Suddenly land price spiraled up and the baren land fetched one lakh
rupees.[Exactly a hundred times the estimated value of the jewels in previous
birth.] I told that Gowri was the sole owner of the sale proceeds, half the
interest amount belonged to Basappa and not a pie to Veerabadrappa. A
ferocious Veerabadrappa abused Me and vowed to cut Basappa into
pieces.Basappa sought my refuge and I assured to protect him. Then
Veerabadrappa and Basappa died and took rebirth as cobra and frog.True to My
assurance to Basappa , God sent me in time to save him. God be praised".Moral: As you sow, so you reap. By A. Govindakrishnan

No comments: