Thursday, August 30, 2007

Satsang A Thursday Sai Message

Satsang A Thursday Sai Message
by - Mrs. Usha Ranganathan

A Thursday Sai Message
I had the privilege of having 'darshan' of Lord Sainath in the
Sai-temple at New York, when we went to the U.S.A.
in 1984. I came across an unforgettable incident on a Thursday
evening.

An elderly white-haired Gujarat-born Sai-brother was next to me.
After the worship, I noticed that this brother put a small slip of
paper, but no money in the 'Arathi' plate. Just then, a gust of
wind from the open window blew the paper on to the floor. Bending
over to retrieve it, I could not help but see these words printed
in large letters: "I will pray one hour a day".
I became curious and as such requested him to explain the message
he had put in the 'Arathi' plate. What he told me is quite moving.

His wife had died following a long and very expensive illness and
he lay been forced to sell his home to pay medical bills.
Now he lived with his married daughter. "I am too old to work and
I have no money" he said:
"but I can pray." Lord Sainath has assured, "If you spread your palms
with devotion before Me, I am with you day and night'. So He is taking
care of me".

His story brought to my mind Sai Baba's assurance - 'I always think
of him who remembers Me and reminded me once again that when we give
sincerely what we have, no gift brought before Lord Sainath is too
small or insignificant.

-Mrs. Usha Ranganathan

No comments: