Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Satsang The Lord of all Lords

Satsang The Lord of all Lords

The Lord of all Lords
By R. Radhakrishnan

"It is nothing but to invite pain and suffering, if you make your defective intellect your guide for your life in the world. Victory ties in giving" the reins of your mind to Sai Baba, and then, be free from any danger whatsoever. He will surely take your life safely away with success from the battlefield of this world. He is a renowned expert in driving (he chariots of life.)

- Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji

I participated in the Guru Poornima celebrations at Sai Spiritual Centre, Bangalore on the 7th July 1990. We had 'Satsang' with several Guru-bandhus like Sri Bhaskara Rao, Sri Seshadri and others. Sai Baba prompted me to propose an additional one-hour program of daily chanting of 'Om Sai Sri Sai Jaya Jaya Sai' from 5 pm to 6 pm. everyone agreed and this divine program commenced from the 8th July 1990 onwards.

I stay in 'Doopanahally' area far away from Thyagarajanagar. However Sai Baba enabled me to daily travel in a city bus from Doopanahally and am present at 5 pm for the 'Nama Japam'. There was no problem for three days on 8th, 9th and 10th July 1990. However on the 11th July '90, I left my house at 3-30 pm and came to the bus stop. Someone told me that the direct bus from Doopanahally to NR Colony is cancelled and advised me to try alternative bus service to reach Sai Mandir. Accordingly I got into a bus and got down at down at Richmond Circle bus stop by about 4-10 pm. A bus from Shivaji Nagar side came and was fully crowded. In my enthusiasm to be on time at the Mandir, I tried to board the crowded bus. 'No -1, could not' and I was pushed aside. I fell down on the ground and by Sai-grace nothing happened.

As I got up, a school boy came to me and handed over to me a two-rupee note saying that it fell down from my pocket when I was pushed aside. I was astonished as I had taken a ten-rupee note from home and after purchasing a ticket for one-rupee the balance amount of nine rupees was intact in my purse. Then I remembered Baba's offering of two-pice 'Dakshina' to his Guru. In the form of the school-boy Sai Baba was warning me of 'faith' and 'patience' and not to do things in haste. The boy shoved the two-rupee note in my hand and mysteriously vanished in the crowd at the bus stop.

True to the warning given by Sai Baba, I got into another bus which was quite empty and traveled comfortably to the Mandir. My eyes were full of tears of gratitude to Sai Maharaj for saving me from a calamity.

Life after Death
All questions at Sai Spiritual Centre one day were about 'Life after Death'. Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji only smiled and did not give a simple answer. To his devotees who requested to know the reason for his evasive­ness, Swamiji later said: 'Have you observed that it is precisely those who do not know what to do with this life who want another that will last forever?" "But is there life after death or is there not?" persisted a devotee. "Is there life before death? - that is the question" said the Swamiji enigmatically.

(Source Sai Padananda Oct 1991)

No comments: