Thursday, February 23, 2006

Satsang SRI SAI BABA'S GRACE (JUNE 1986)

nbsp;
SRI SAI BABA'S GRACE (JUNE 1986)
(Dead child revived due to Baba's grace)

It was in the year 1971 that the following incident occured while, I was travelling from Davangere to Bangalore. I was alone at that time at Davangere, as my wife had gone in advance to attend the marriage of my brother-in-law. My best friend Dr. Rajan and his family consisting of his daughter, son-in-law (a doctor) and their son and a driver had come in their car to Davangere and were staying with me. Dr. Rajan had come to admit his grandson into the medical college. At that time, I happened to be the Principal and so was helpful in securing a seat for reasonable donation. The boy was admitted into the college as well as the hostel, and he was left in the hostel, and the others wanted to go to Madras the next day. It happened to be a Thursday and as such, I asked them to take bath in the morning, worship and then leave Davangere. I wanted to go that day to Bangalore to attend the marriage of my brother-in-law the next day. After learning this Dr. Rajan insisted that I should go with them in the car upto Bangalore. I had planned to go by express bus but as there was place in the car I
accepted their kind offer to travel in the car. When invited to take bath and do pooja. Dr. Rajan and his family blankly refused and said that they would take their bath after going to Madras. As such only I took a bath in the early morning and performed Sri. Sai BABA's
Pooja as usual. We all started at about 6'o clock in the morning on the way we took breakfast in Chitradurg and proceeded further. We reached Tumkur by about 10'o clock, in the morning and it started drizzling. Dr. Rajan's son-in-law wanted to drive the car upto Bangalore and though Dr. Rajan was not in favour of it, he took the wheel.
After passing the railway crossing there was a slight gradient in the road, near a village called Kyathsandra. There was a jumboo tree by the side of the road, where 2 muslim girls one aged about 10 years and the other 5 years were picking berries. As soon as they saw the car they ran to the opposite side, the elder one ran away but the younger one was caught in the undercarriage of the car. When the car passed over the child, the child fell down. She was bleeding terribly from the mouth. Everyone thought that she was dead. We all got down from the car and the first reaction of doctor Rajan was to inform the police about the incident. He took the car along with the driver and proceded in a hurry to police station in Kyathsandra.

I was also feeling bad about the death of the child. For about 5 minutes, I was praying to BABA desparately. Then Baba told me you are a doctor and you should go and see the condition of the child. I took out a kerchief, went near the child and wiped blood off her face and mouth. The child which was dead for all practical purposes, by the grace of Baba cried out loudly. I was surprised that the child was alive even though, it did not breathe for more than 5 minutes. It was a medical surprise and the child survived by the grace of Lord SAI. By that time, a number of villagers with sticks who were passing on the road stopped there menacingly. I asked for some water and it was given to me by the daughter of doctor Rajan. I lifted the child and took
it to the nearby milestone and kept her there. By that time some one had informed her mother that the child was dead. She came crying loudly with a dejected face. As soon as she came near, and found that her child was not dead, I could see a sudden transformation. I saw BABA's miracle which transformed the expression on her face into one of delight and joy.

She came and hugged the child and was about to take the child away, but by that time the police sub-inspector and a constable along with Dr. Rajan arrived in time. They were all surprised to see that the child was alive after being dead, Dr.Rajan attributed this miracle to BABA. He along with his daughter and son-in-law prostrated on the road itself and I transferred their obesience to BABA. He even repented for not having taken a bath and worshipped BABA as suggested by me.
The police sub-inspector detained the child and wanted me also to stay till all the investigations were over. I pleaded with him about my inability to remain there as I wanted to catch the bus specifically arranged at Bangalore to go to Bangerapet at 12 noon. When the police sub-inspector refused me permission to go all the villagers joined together calling out that I could go without caring for his advice. And when the line bus for Bangalore arrived they all stopped the Bus and called out for my box and bedding in the car. They took them and deposited them in the bus and asked me to get into the bus, without caring about the police. I came away and joined the others in the proper time.

Later on I learnt that Dr. Rajan and other were left off after two hours by the grace of Sri BABA, and the whole episode closed because the child revived after being dead. Then they also became ardent devotees of BABA after this incident. I pray to Lord Sai. SAI BABA to shower His grace on all the devotees.

Dr. A.R. GovindRao
Adyar, Madras 600 020.
The experiences of Devotees as published in Shri Sai Leela Magazine, can be read at www.saileelas.org/magazines/SAILEELA/exp.htm

___________________
 
 

No comments: