Monday, April 03, 2006

Satsang Chapter 18 & 19 :Sri_Sai_Sat_Charitra_Concise(Version)

Om Shree Ganeshaya Namah
Om Sai Ram
Chapter 18 & 19 :::
Story of Smt.Deshmuk
Sadhguru first assesses the requirements of his devotees. As a loving mother forcibly makes her child consume medicine for its sound health, Sadguru also impresses on his devotees the dictums on spiritual progress.
*Mr. Sathe was somewhat popular at Bombay. In course of time he fell into difficult days and came to Shirdi. There he completed the reading (parayana) of Guru Charitra in seven days and on the seventh day Baba appeared in his dream. Next day Baba told Kaka Dhikxit that if Sathe did one more parayana God would be pleased and release him from the clutches of material word. As He uttered these words, Hemad Panth who was massaging the Feet of Baba thought: 'I am reading Guru Charitra for forty years in vain, while Sathe had the benefit in seven days. Alas! My seven years of Shirdi life has gone a waste.' Immediately Baba asked him to get up and go to Shama's house, get fifteen rupees from him as His dakshina and have a chat with him also. Hemad Panth came to Shama's house.
Shama told him that he was not having fifteen rupees and hence Hemad panth should take his fifteen prostrations to Baba.He then narrated an event about Baba.
"Once a lady called Radha Bai Deshmukh from Sangamaner came to see Baba. and then vowed not to take even water until Baba gave her a mantra upadesa. Since the lady started sinking I pleaded Baba to intervene and Baba called that lady and addressed thus: 'You are my mother. Please listen to me. My Guru did not utter any mantra in my ear. He shaved off my head and took from me two paise (faith and patience) as dakshina. Then how can I do it for you? I sought refuge in my Guru for twelve years. I had nothing but my Guru for meditation. He also did not expect anything from me. Mother tortoise nourishes its siblings with the mere thought of them though they are not by its side. Siblings too do nothing but thinking about their mother. Oh! Mother! Take me as the sole refuge of your thought, action and speech. Look at me with deep heart. I too will do the same to you. Do not attempt to seek any mantra or upadesa from any one. I speak only truth from this masjid.'
On hearing this story Hemad Panth's eyes were filled with tears. By then they heard the bells clang from masjid for noon aratfti and both rushed there. Baba asked Hemati Panth to recapitulate all that he heard from Shama. Then He filled his hands with sugar candy and said: " Worship Me in the form as you see Me day and night here. If you implant the theme of this story in your mind ,your life will be as sweet as these sugar candies.' At that moment the arathi was over and the assembled crowd shouted in ecstasy "'Jai Sal Ram". Let us also shout so.
*Baba used to say: 'No one including animals come to us without any link of previous birth. To those who come hungry let us offer food. Invite them lovingly. If some one seeks money and you do not want to give, then don't give: but do not bark. Let people say hundreds of things against you. But do not retort with bitter words. God alone is our only protector. None else. His wish alone shall prevail. Let the world go up side down. You remain steadfast in your ideals."
*Baba said that talking ill of a person on his back tantamount to a pig eagerly swallowing excreta. He used to advise each one in a different manner suited to that person.
Baba also advised not to take any body's service free.
___________________

No comments: