Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Satsang MEETING WITH SRI M.B. REGE

I know nothing about her condition which resulted in her death.
In fact myself and my wife - now no more - were with her for some
days, two months prior to her end and did not notice signs of her
pregnancy. May be because we looked up to her and not to her
condition. Perhaps because I did not meet villagers or outsiders - I
heard no scandal too. The first intimation I heard was in a letter I got
from Narvekar intimating that mother had passed away in childbed.

In my last letter I recollect having mentioned the incident of Baba
coming from the Lendi when, after washing the floor of the Masjid,
the mother was in a trance, and Baba stroked her on her back and
asked her not to worry.

Two months after mother passed away, I went to Shirdi and not
knowing where I should stay, went straight to the Masjid. Baba told
me to go to Dixit Wada. Sri Madhavrao Deshpande and many others
came and offered a sort of condolence. 'This should not have happened
in Shirdi', they said. I replied that I did not desire to discuss the matter.
She was my mother and I said, even if she be in the wrong, I would
remain quiet comforted by Lord Sri Krishna's view in the Bhagavad Gita -

Api chet Suduracharo Bhajate mam Anany Bhak
Sadhu reva sa mantavyah samyag Vyavassito hi Sah. (Chapter 9-30).


(This means, "Even the most wicked, if he concentrates on or worship
Me the Lord, then he must be deemed a sadhu or a good person".)

While this talk was going on, a message came from the Masjid asking
all sitting with me in the wada to come over. We went and Baba asked
Sri Deshpande what they were talking about. Baba further asked what I
had said, and when the information was given, the merciful Master said,
'What do these fools know? She was your mother and mine. She wanted
to be freed from her karma and you know I gave her my assurance. One
night she came saying she would not wait and, lifting up my kupni, got in
here (pointing to His Heart). You will see her here when you desire'. My
Divine mother is now merged in the Master. Let people in their own way
imagine what they will. I cannot forget what I owe to Her.

I have tried to give you my first hand impressions of her. Of the devotees,
Sri Mahlsapathi, Sri H.S. Dixit had great reverence for her, and I feel I am
in good company. I trust you will have a fair idea of the greatness of my
mother. I leave it to you to take out of my statement the parts you consider
useful for your Ananda Vikatan.


I have written the above in installments. The cramps in my fingers make it
difficult to clearly decipher the writing, but I would rather send this than
a typed copy.


With kindest regards and best wishes,

I am, Ever yours,
At the feet of the Master,
M.B. Rege.


(Courtesy: Sai Sudha, Golden Jubilee Issue - June 1990, All India Sai
Samaj (Regd), Chennai-600004, India)

No comments: