Thursday, August 10, 2006

Satsang SAI KRIPA

SAI KRIPA

Shri Sai Baba is watchful on his devotees. He comes in different
forms in order to help his devotees at the time of distress. I would
like to share one such incident that occurred recently.

After attending a marriage at Ongole on 25-7-1982 we had to come
back to Nellore on 27-7-1982 in connection with "Sravana Mangala
Vara Nomulu" ( a function which is performed by the newly wedded
bride for 5 years on all the Tuesdays of "Sravana Masam".) positively.
So, we had to start on 26-7-1982. As all the buses were heavily
crowded we could not catch the bus. We had to wait upto 9.00 pm.
My wife and myself could get into the bus when my mother and
grandmother could not. It was decided that they should come on the
early hours of 27-7-1982. They left the bus stand after we boarded
the bus. When the bus was about to start, suddenly my wife asked
me to get down the bus as she felt that the others may not able to

catch the bus on the next day for attending the programme. On
enquiry at the RTC enquiry office, I was informed that the last bus
was at 11.30 pm and there were no buses till 7.00 am. So, we
decided to go to the bride's house at Kothapet where my mother
and grand mother would be staying. We engaged a rickshaw and
went there, where we came to know that they had left for my grand
mother's friend's house which was nearby. On hearing the same we
rushed to that house in vain. Then I prayed to Baba that there may

not be any difficulty for the next day's programme. We came back
to the bride's residence. As we were engaged in chit chatting,
suddenly my mother came there. We were surprised to see her.

Then we rushed back to the bus stand. On the way to the bus stand
I asked my mother how she could come to know that we were at the
bride's house. Then she narrated the following incident. As the bride's
residence was full of relatives, they were in a dilemma whether to go
to my grandfather's house at Ramanagar which is far off. On their
way while they were talking to their friends, a rickshawwallah came
there and asked my mother whether they would like to have a
rickshaw. My mother told him that they did not need him. He told
her that Sundaramma and a man were searching for them and they
were at the bride's residence at Kothapet. She was surprised to
hear the same and thought that he was lying as she saw us
boarding the bus. So saying he went away. She thought it better to
go over to the bride's residence along with the grandmother. On
coming to the bride's residence, she was surprised to see us. Our
prayer to Shri Sai was fulfilled and we cold catch the bus at 10.30
pm and came to Nellore by 1.45 am without any problem.
Everything went well on 27-7-1982. On Tuesday we went to Shri
Sainath Mandhir at Gandhinagar, Nellore. I was astonished as to
how the rickshawwallah came to guide them to us. It is still afresh
in our memory.

We are sure that it was Shri Sai Baba who inspired the ricshawallah
to inform my mother about our stay at the bride's residence; or else
we would have been put to a lot of difficulty in searching for each
other and could not have reached for the function in time.

K.L.V.S. SARMA, Librarian
Karvetnagar 517 582.


(Source Sri Sai Leela Magazine September 1983)

No comments: