Friday, July 06, 2007

Satsang SAIBABA-The Protector

Satsang SAIBABA-The Protector

SAIBABA-The Protector
It was a Thursday dated 19th January 1984 when myself and a colleague Mr. T.
R. C. Menon got out of the Z. P. Guest House at Jalgaon-Jamod (Maharashtra)
and got into a readily available vacant taxi to reach Nandura Railway
Station. The driver required about half an hour's time to take off. So we
both walked across the road to a small tea-stall. Time was 6.30 A. M.

As the ordered bread and tea was awaited, my sight was attracted by a photo
of Sai Baba visible in the adjacent pan-shop. I pointed out the same to my
companion and told him that it was an auspicious Thursday morning to have
darshan of our blessing SAI.

Placing a loaf of bread, the stall keeper went back to his assistant to help
making a special tea for us. Mr. Menon refused bread and preferred only tea
when I was unwrapping the bread. Looking at the SaiNath's photo I sat quiet.
Then I closed my eyes for a minute, meditating on Him. As I opened the
eyes I saw a young Muslim Fakir aged around 28 years standing at the
entrance with a smile and looking straight into my eyes. A green cloth
fastened around his head, he wore a white loose kurta and lungi. One small
black bowl in his hand suggested that he came for begging alms. But it was
surprising to note that he did not ask anyone for alms or money. Just with
the same smile and a calm look into my face he merely stood.

Not a word was spoken by the fakir. The look from his bright eyes was full
of affection for me. His blissful smile responded in me an overflowing joy.
Like the waves on the sea jumping higher with happiness at the appearance of
a full Moon-my joy touched new bights at the sight of this fakir.
Inexplicable exchange of some unknown silent feelings between us was a great
experience in itself.

I nodded my head silently calling him. The fakir came closer, only a table
in the middle separated us. First two slices of bread offered by me with
devotion were accepted. He lost no time to wave his hand and very swiftly
walked out to disappear from my vision. That silent and affectionate smile
glowing from his bright face still remained in my mind and I was fully
convinced that that fakir is none but our Sai-Malik.
After a couple of days when I returned to Aurangabad from my tour, I was
shocked to see at home the walls, roof and window glass-panes of the kitchen
room badly damaged. My wife Usha thus narrated to me about the dangerous
accident which recently occurred.

On Thursday (19th January 1984) by morning 10 a. m. my wife filled up the
pressure-cooker with necessary contents to be cooked for lunch and placed it
on an electric stove (Cooking gas was exhausted) and went into the drawing
room where she sat reading some books. Though generally very cautious while
cooking, that day she happened to be somewhat negligent being fully
engrossed in reading until she looked at the watch showing 10.45 a. m. She
got up from the sofa remembering suddenly about the cooker on the stove and
wondered how it has failed to vigil for 45 minutes. Then, hardly she covered
a few steps and at once halted before the kitchen door when a big explosive
sound, almost deafening the ears, came as a shock. The pressure cooker had
burst and caused dangerous havoc in a most unexpected accident.

Narendranath Mungara
Aurangabad

(to be contd.....)
Source Shri Sai Leela June 1985.

No comments: