Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Satsang Baba's Unique Blessings

Satsang Baba's Unique Blessings
Baba's Unique Blessings

By K. N. Narayana Swamy

It was 26th January 1989, the holy Thursday. It was the happy occasion of the Silver Jubilee of myself and my wife Chi. Sow. Jaya Lakshmi's wedding. Needless to say that we worshipped Sai Baba and his apostle H. H. Radhakrishna Swamiji to our heart's content with pooja, bhajan, arathi etc.

During the morning pooja, while I was listening to Sai bhajans with immense devotion, believe it or not, a poor old man (I consider it a sin to call anybody a beggar) very much resembling Sai Baba, just appeared at our gate calling out 'BABA, BABA'. Instantly I got up and took some coins from the box and a banana and gave alms to the poor old man. He just looked at me with all grace and quietly walked away without stopping anywhere else. Is it not the style of Sai Baba appearing before His devotees in different manifestations and shower His blessings? That moment was so great to enjoy the blessing experience of Sai Maharaj. It is beyond words.

Of course, this poor old man is seen in our colony occasionally and I also give him small coins whenever he comes across me, but, how in the world he has come to our gate just on the day and at the time of Sai-pooja and after receiving the offerings with graceful look left without sloping anywhere else? That is the wonder of wonders and we are unable to understand and we can only say: 'it is yet another Sai-leela'.

I understand from Sai bandhus that Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji used to refer to this not as miracle but something always usual with Sai Baba. Though I am one of the post-Samadhi devotees of Sri Swamiji, he is to me none other than Sai Baba. Blessed indeed are the devotees of Bangalore who had the privilege of being at the feet of this great Master.

(Source Sai Padananda April 1989)

No comments: