Thursday, September 13, 2007

Satsang Sai Baba Everywhere By K. N. Narayan Swamy

Satsang Sai Baba Everywhere By K. N. Narayan Swamy

Sai Baba Everywhere

By K. N. Narayan Swamy

"To separate the true from the false in everything, whatever its nature may be, that is the part of a wise understanding."

- St. Thiruvalluvar

Once in the local bazar, I found attractive calendars of Sai Baba with a caption 'APKA RAKSHAK'. I purchased 10 copies for distribution of which I retained one for keeping in the pooja room.

Somehow Sai Baba prompted me to get this photograph framed. I was in a dilemma as it was a large one and would pinch my purse considerably. One day I took it to a photo-frame shop near our home and I was told that it would cost an amount ranging from Rs. 50/- to Rs 60/- depending upon the frame, glass etc., I chose a particular frame and settled for Rs. 45/-.

Two or three days later I went to the frame shop to collect the photograph. The owner had gone out and his brother was in the shop doing some woodcraft. During our conversation, I offered him to give a few pieces of a wooden Almirah lying useless in our house. He was delighted at this unsolicited offer and immediately we went to our house to see this. He agreed to take it and instead of money, I suggested to him to give me a rebate on the frame as barter. He said that he would accept whatever I give him. He was quite happy when I offered him a tender.

When he had come to our house, I told him about my Tape recorder. It was giving me frequent trouble and had deprived me of listening to Sai bhajans. I had an idea to dispose this set and buy a new one. This friend told me that he would arrange for this also as he knows a shop-keeper who buys second hand tape-recorders. Accordingly he sent a man the very next day. I could strike a deal at a reasonable price and in the same evening, brought home a brand new tape recorder.

We strongly believe in Sai Baba's hand in every moment of our life. With deep faith and wholehearted devotion one can achieve abundant blessings of Sai Maharaj - 'I am there where there is devotion.'

(Source Sai Padananda July 1990)

No comments: