Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Satsang Bhakta Leela Amrut by Das Ganu Maharaj



Haripant was a devout Brahmin from Pune. He was kind-hearted and believed in
good deeds. He was rich but childless. He wished to become an "agnihotri'
but he could not do so as he was a widower. People advised him to remarry
but Haripant would not listen as he was already in his fifties. "I would
become a laughing-stock," he said, "If I were to marry at my age, I am just
not worthy enough to be a father. That is all. If, however, any saint tells
me to remarry, I may."
Sometime later, Haripant went to Shirdi. No sooner did he bow down to Baba
than he said, "Haribau, get married soon. Lord Shankar will give you a child
and fulfill your heart's desire."

Having secured a saint's permission to many, Haripant now wanted to consult
an astrologer. He came to know of a famous astrologer in Nagar. Haripant
consulted him and after getting the go-ahead from him. He got remarried with
the blessings of Baba. Needless to say, he became a staunch devotee of Sai
Baba.

(To be contd...)
Source
http://www.saileelas.org/books/4chap.htm


___________________

No comments: