Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Satsang Bhakta Leela Amrut by Das Ganu Maharaj

Nanasaheb Chandorkar and Nimonkar, both Sai devotees,
once went to Shirdi for Baba's darshan. Nanasaheb fell at
Baba's feet and said: "O Sai Maharaj, I am sick and tired of
this mundane life. The Shastras say that this world of ours is
meaningless, an illusion. Help me. O brother of the helpless,
to break the fetters that bind me to this mundane life, the more
one looks for happiness in this world, the less one finds it.
Misery seems to be man's lot. Wretched hope that springs
eternally in us sends us from place to place.. I am sick and
tired of it. I do not want to get involved in it."

Baba laughed at this and said:" Where do you get these

crazy ideas from, Nana? You really are a simpleton. What
you said about mundane life is true but you can not escape
it as long as the body exists. Nobody can escape it, not
even I". Our mundane life affects the body in various ways,"
continued Sai Maharaj. "Desire, envy, avarice, pride, hatred
and anger are part of our mundane life; so are the senses
of sight, hearing and taste. So indeed are our imagination
and our bodily needs. They are all inextricably mixed: they
are like a mixture the component parts of which are inseparable,

like a knot that nobody can untie. People say that one's wife
and progeny are also of one's mundane life. You too believe
so and find it difficult to get on with them. What with one's wife
and children and other relatives like brothers, nephews etc,
life is full of problems but you cannot get rid of these."

Nana said, "My previous lives were evidently ordained by

the Lord but my concern is with my present one. I do not want
any more of it bedeviled, as it is by too many problems, too
many woes. Help me to rid myself of this." Baba laughed at
these words of Nanasaheb and said. "You are responsible for
this life as well. You are the one who caused it. Now, then, can

you get rid of it? This body of yours is the fruit of the accumulated
karma of the past. Karma is the root cause of all our miseries.
All those that are born - whether men, birds or beasts - suffer from
the effects of their previous karma. Unless one bums down the
effects of one's previous karma, one cannot be rid of the body.

(To be contd...)
Source
http://www.saileelas.org/books/4chap.htm



___________________

No comments: