Friday, June 23, 2006

LETTERS OF SRI M.B. REGE

SRI GURUDEV

M.B. Rege, B.A., LL.,B.,
Advocate
28, South Tukoganj,
Indore, M.P.,
Tel: 7235


24th August 1968

Dear Brother Sridhar,
I received your letter of the 9th instant on the 15th; that was
probably delayed because of dislocation in the traffic. Your letter
of 22nd came into hand this morning. I regret the delay in replying
to your first letter. You
had asked me to reply early, time and health permitting. I had enough

time and more to spare but incessant rain and chilly weather gave me
an attack of influenza and I had to be in bed for over a week; even after
that I ran a slight temp. I am better now, but cannot sit for a long time.
therefore I am dictating this letter from my bed.

Let me first say that if you got the impression that I personally witnessed
the miracle of Baba going up a plank to sleep, it is incorrect. As far as I
recollect, I told you that my Revered brother Shri Dasganu Maharaj had

told me about it. There was no question of peeping through because Baba
slept in the open Masjid and Shri Dasganu told me that he had stood in
the open space in front of the Masjid to find how Baba went up; and that
he saw Baba either on the floor or on the plank. I told you that Shri
Dasganu would not invent a story and that I believed him as though I had
been with him myself.

When my Revered brother Narasimha Swami showed me his collection
of 'Devotees Experiences' I told him that a large percentage of what
people had said was reflection of their own minds and his reaction was
characteristic of a missionary. he said "I know; but unless some miracles
or things out of the ordinary were mentioned, the mere man would not be
attracted to Baba. Swamiji's love and faith and the Master's grace made
it possible for so many persons being attracted to get the blessings of
the Master.

I shall now give brief replies to your questions.

1) The colour of Baba I would put as wheat colour but there were some
brilliance which cannot be described. At times there would be bright

aura round his face.
2) His height was approximately 5'10"


3) His daily routine was that in the morning just after sunrise he would
wash his face and hands sitting in what I may call the Verandah. Then

he would be in his seat smoking a tobacco chilam, and people would
come for his Darshan. About an hour later, He would go to the Lendi.
The route was through the village and Radhakrishna Ayee would sweep
the road backwards so as not to step on the swept portion. The Lendi
was then a sort of deep canal. some people accompanied and awaited
his return from the canal. He would be there for about an hour. On his
return he would wash his feet and then go out for Bhiksha. During my
visit I would accompany him. As far as I know, He went to Lendi only
once in a day.

(to be contd....)
BHARANIDHARAN
(SRIDHAR)
Chennai-600 017.
(Courtesy: Sai Sudha, Golden Jubilee Issue - June 1990,

All India Sai Samaj (Regd), Chennai-600004, India)

No comments: