Monday, September 25, 2006

Satsang EIGHT FOLD PRAYER by an unknown devotee

EIGHT FOLD PRAYER
Sai Nath, you are the ocean of compassion,
embodiment of serenity,
repository of cosmic intelligence,
the perennial river of mercy,
truth incarnate and the dispeller of the darkness

of illusion (Maya)

You are the sage beyound caste and creed,
the abode of compassion and beyond comprehension.
O, Lord, the dweller of the village of Shirdi,
protect me, protect me!


You are the river of divine knowledge,
you are the bestower of knowledge,
you are the cause of all auspicious actions.
O Paramahansa of the hearts of all devotees!
I seek refuge in you-Protect me.


You are Brahma, the creator;
you are Vishnu, the sustainer of the universe;
and you are Shiva, the destroyer of the three worlds.
O Sai Nath! You are omnipresent and omniscent.
There is no place in the world without you and
your presence is felt in everything.
Every heart is your abode.


Pardon all my sins, I beseech you,
O Lord! Remove immediately the cause of doubts
and delusions arising in my heart.
You are the cow and I am your calf,
you are the moon and I am the ray of its light.
At your feet like the Ganges,
I, your slave, prostrate with reverence.


Sai Nath, place the hand of your mercy on my head
and ward off all sorrows and worries.
This Ganu is your slave.


Written by a Devotee who name was not published,
Adopted from the Souviner published in connection with
INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION OF SHIRDI SAI DEVOTEES

& UNVEILING OF SAIBABA'S STATUE (19-21 Oct, 1997)

No comments: