Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Satsang How Baba Redeems His Pledge

Satsang How Baba Redeems His Pledge

How Baba Redeems His Pledge
"Cast all your burdens on me and I shall bear them" was the pledge given by
Shri SAIBABA, for the benefit of humanity. The devotee has to do his part in
a spirit of complete surrender, and BABA had never failed HIS devotees.
Since nearly four decades, I and the members of my family have been
experiencing the redemption of this pledge by BABA. There was never a
problem in our lives, which could not be solved by HIS grace. There were
innumerable instances when we turned to Him for succor and guidance and we
were never disappointed. I would crave the indulgence of the kind readers,
to mention two or three of several such instances,

In 1959 my only son had appeared for his B. E. mechanical, final examination
and came home to spend his summer vacation with us. I found him unusually
brooding. When pressed, he revealed the cause. He was worried because he did
not fare well in his examination. He was expecting his first ever failure in
his academic career. Since childhood he was a very sensitive child. I prayed
to BABA to come to his help and vowed to send a certain amount to Shirdi
Sansthan, for poor feeding. A few days later, I had a dream in which BABA
was sitting on the branch of a huge tree, the top of which was in the
clouds. HE stretched HIS hand towards me from the sky demanding HIS money.
After I woke up the daily paper came in the morning and I was happy to find
my boy's number in the list of successful candidates. I immediately sent the
amount to Shirdi.

A few years back all the members of our family went to Tirupati in our car
for the tonsure ceremony of my grand-son. One night, prior to our departure,
I had a dream. In the dream, we were traveling in our car along a very
narrow forest road. Our journey was obstructed by a big tree which fell
right across the narrow road. There was no way of by passing the road block.
We tried to remove the tree; but it did not budge. While we were waiting in
despair, a villager wearing soiled and torn clothes came there. He laughed
at us, coming to know about our predicament and questioned me "You are so
many and why don't you all make an effort to remove the tree". I
told him that we have tried and failed. He said he would assist us and
we all tried again. Our contribution was of no consequence, as he pulled the
tree from the road with ease. I felt grateful to him and thanked him
profusely and offered him some of the eatables which we had in
the car. He ate them with relish and wanted some more. We gave him
some more. He again wanted some more and thus he ate all, that
was available in the car. After that he again asked for something
more and I told him that nothing was left with us.

(to be contd......)
Devata Subba Rao
Hyderabad
Source Shri Sai Leela Magazine February 1980)

No comments: