Monday, June 18, 2007

Satsang Shree Baba's Leela by K. L. Chandiramini

Satsang Shree Baba's Leela by K. L. Chandiramini

Shree Baba's Leela
I dare not claim myself to be a devotee of Shri Sai Baba because, for me
devotion is too difficult to define or attain. I know only this, that the
moment I think or look to Baba's picture my mind and heart is full of divine
thrill and peace. I never demand anything from Him. I feel improper to
demand anything from Him when I offer my prayers to Him. I believe in "HELP
YOURSELF IF YOU NEED HIS GRACE". Baba's blissful look itself is enough to
overcome all the anxieties and grief.

Baba's Mahima and strange ways of manifestations are beyond my
understanding. I shall narrate a few of many incidents, which had occurred
last year. They appear to me very strange because first Baba makes us to
undergo the sufferings and anxious moments and then helps us out of the most
difficult situation within a wink.

In March '77, my scooter was stolen in the night. After a frantic and
unsuccessful search at all possible places with the help of my friend Mr. Y.
K. Shrivastva, I lodged a complaint at the local Police Station.

While returning to my home I was very much worried how my family members
will face the loss. As anticipated they were worried; but I consoled them by
saying that let us leave everything to our great Baba to decide.

Before going to bed I looked to Baba and said, "So Sai! You wanted it this
way, o. k. have it and Good Night".

For three full days there was no trace of my scooter and slowly I was also
getting used to the loss. On the fourth day a CID Official came to my place
to inform me that my scooter is found in deserted place in perfectly good
condition. All were overjoyed.

I looked to Baba and asked, "Why did you want me to go
through this?"

In August '77 I was returning from a picnic on the same scooter. Suddenly a
truck dashed against me and I was thrown away by that truck off the road
along with the scooter. Passers by helped me out and I found the scooter to
be O. K. Under a daze of confusion and mental shock, I reached home without
bothering to check up if I had any injuries. After changing I lay on my bed
in semiconscious state. I was alone in the house at that time. Within a few
minutes my friend Mr. Inder Dev Tahiliani came with his wife. He uttered
something and leaving his wife to look after me, he left the place in great
hurry. His wife told me that I was injured very badly and was bleeding
heavily and so he has gone to get a doctor.

Doctor gave me one injection and suggested to get my wounds stitched up,
which I flatly refused. Instead I applied Baba's UDI profusely. Meanwhile my
wife also came home and all were very much disturbed; but I consoled
everybody by saying that our Baba is great and there is nothing to worry.
UDI did not leave the wound until it was completely healed up.

Next day after this accident, I asked my wife to get me my transistor radio.
She tried her best, but could not trace it anywhere. Then it suddenly dawned
on me that I had taken it with me to picnic and either someone had stolen it
or was thrown out when I met the accident.

Since the radio was a bit costly item, surprisingly all my family members
started blaming me for my negligence, forgetting all about my sufferings and
injury. I was wondering how selfish and materialistic this world is!

Anyway, after about a week my brother-in-law Mr. Deepak Mamtani suggested to
me to publish the matter in "lost Colum' of the local news paper. Seeing no
harm in it and without any hope I did the same Oh My Great Sai! The very
next day a police constable came to me asking me to come to the Police
Station and identify my radio, which someone had found by the side of the
road, where the accident occurred.

Well, I really wonder how all this is possible without our Baba's merciful
and kind blessings but then I also wonder why He wants us to suffer first
before He comes to help. Is it that He wants us to experience the grief or
is they all the rewards for our Karma?
Baba alone can explain this!
K. L. Chandiramini
Bhopal

Source Shri Sai Leela Magazine April 1978)
this magazine can be read at www.saileelas.org

No comments: