Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Satsang Baba's Grace on Me

Satsang Baba's Grace on Me

Baba's Grace on Me
By GAYATHRI S. BELLUR
HUMILITY - BABA'S OMNIPRESENCE
On one occasion when Hemad Pant (Anna Saheb Dabolkar) came to him, there was
in the fold of his coat some channa, that is, fried grains, and it fell from
his coat; and people were joking at him. That was a day of fair at Shirdi,
and Dabolkar had perhaps been to the fair. Baba wanting to have a joke at
him, said, "Oh! This channa shows that he is in the habit of eating things
all by himself without sharing it with others." Dabolkar was much upset and
he protested that he had no such habit. But how the channa got into his
dress, he could not explain. Then Baba made further use of the occasion and
told him, ‘when you eat, do you give things to me? Am I not always by your
side’, thus impressing on him a very valuable lesson that Baba was present
everywhere and that they should first offer their food to him as their
Gurudeva, before taking their food. This is a sacred lesson and this
teaching is divine. But it came out of Baba's humor and fun poked at Anna
Saheb Dabolkar.

Sri Sai Baba is everywhere present
This incident occurred some years ago during my stay in Bandra West in
Mumbai. I had gone on a vacation to my cousin's place at East Muland. One
day, my cousins wanted to go to Muland West for shopping and insisted that
we cross the railway track, as it is of a short distance. Somehow I was
against it and suggested that we take the over bridge. They laughed at me
and finally we decided to cross the railway line.

As we were crossing the railway track, my right ankle was caught between the
fish plates and the Guard, being unaware, was
tightening the lever. A train was about to leave from the same track. I did
not lose my presence of mind and started praying to Sai Baba for relief. I
knew He would certainly save me.

Just then a crowd collected and one of them ran to the Guard who was at a
distance to inform him what has happened. The Guard loosened the lever and
my right ankle was freed.

When we returned home the right foot had developed a big swelling. I could
only limp and the pain was terrible. My cousin's parents were shocked. They
wanted to take me to an Orthopedic Surgeon then and there. I consoled them
by saying that Sai Baba takes care of me and 'Udhi' alone would bring down
the swelling.

I budged to their insistence on going to a Doctor. An X-ray was taken. The
Doctor said that there was no fracture and it was only a contusion. I became
all right in a couple of days time.

I think of that incident and gratefully bow to Sai Baba for saving me from a
ghastly accident. Otherwise, I would not be standing on my two feet today.
When I sleep, O Lord Sainath, close my eyes with your blessed hands, and let
me dream of Thy vision-Thy vision alone. When I live, let me walk in Thy
image. When I die, let my last words be: "O Lord, how grateful I am for your
gifts."

Let me close this with a poem;

"When the great External Auditor my book of life receives, And He checks the
daily entries, that are written on the leaves; May He find the accounts in
order and no need for fear or shame, But a credit carried forward to the
glory of His name."
Lord Sainath – I owe you an irreparable debt of gratitude.
While performing the Japa, the Sadhana should dwell on the meaning of these
Divine Names, and should believe that the all pervading divinity has
appeared before him in the form of the Name. This gives ineffable joy and
peace of mind. Or else the Sadhana should keep his mind fixed on the Divine
Form of the Lord-His Ishta Deva.
- Jayadayai Goyandka

http://www.saileelas.org/magazines/saipadananda/oct1998.htm#BabasgraceonMe

No comments: