Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Satsang Swamiji Welcomes Us

Satsang Swamiji Welcomes Us

Swamiji Welcomes Us
By Hemendra Nath Bannerjee
I live in Calcutta and have been a devotee of Sai Baba for almost two
decades. Every Sai Bandhu I have come across has narrated the greatness of
H.H. Saipadananda Radhakrishna Swamiji. Unfortunately I could never have his
'darshan' when he was amidst us in flesh and blood. But the ever -living
Swamiji made me feel his presence the moment we entered the Sai Spiritual
Centre on February 26th, 1989.

As we steped into the 'Dwarakamayi' of the Mandir, the life size portrait of
Swamiji greeted us. Then the 'Abhisheka' started and we had the rare
privilege of performing Abhisheka to Baba's murthy as well as Swamiji.
Swamiji took me and my wife Lathika into his fold and blessed us with his
ever glowing eyes.

There was a good crowd and I was introduced to several of the devotees
present there. They all talked to me of the greatness of Sai Baba and as to
how Swamiji blessed all by asking them to chant 'Vishnu Sahasranama'.
Instantly I had an urge to perform 'Vishnu Sahasranamarchana' worshipping
Sai Baba with 1000 flowers by chanting Vishnu's thousand names.

I prayed to Swamiji and requested him to fulfill my wish. But I was shy to
ask the priest to help me as this was my maiden visit. But where is the end
to Swamiji's compassion? The priest beckoned one of the devotees to come
forward and perform 'Archana'. That devotee told him that he has to attend a
meeting. So immediately the priest beckoned me and my wife and asked us as
to whether we could do this 'Archana'. My heart was thrilled to the core.

As soon as we finished the 'archana', I sought for a book of 'Vishnu
Sahasranamam' in Devnagari script, Lo, even this was forthcoming. The office
Manager very kindly gifted me a copy of this book in Devnagari script. I
read this daily as an affectionate gift from Sri Radhakrishna Swamiji. There
was a meeting going on to discuss about holding 'Akhanda Sai Nama Japam' for
one week. They invited me to participate in it and offer my views. I only
wished I could participate in this Saptaha. My visit to Sai Mandir at
Bangalore is memorable.

(Source Saipadananda Magazine April 1989)

No comments: