Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Satsang Sai Baba's Help at Ahmadabad By Sri Narasimha Swamiji

Satsang Sai Baba's Help at Ahmadabad By Sri Narasimha Swamiji

Sai Baba's Help at Ahmadabad
By Sri Narasimha Swamiji
Life is for Service
Life is for service and for sacrifice
Spare life and you clog it with pain and sorrow
Expand it like clouds in the sky
And pour down the showers of joy and peace
On all the world's creatures
Reveal the hidden beauty of human nature
Like the verdure on the hills and plains
After the monsoon rains
Thus life is a potent power charged with goodness, kindness and love.

Sai Baba's chamatkars are very varied and have extended over a very long
period. Ahmadabad is a strange instance of Sai Baba's chamatkars. Here a
well-known lawyer of good standing, Sri C.C. Mankewatlah, was the person for
whose benefit Baba's leelas were performed. We may give his experience as it
appeared in the September 1953 issue of 'Sai Sudha', in the words of Sri
Mankewallah himself: -

"From 1948 to 1952, I suffered from Dropsy and Gastric ulcer. I had no
appetite. I vomited blood and could not eat anything or even take water. My
weight became abnormal, viz., 300 pounds. I was bedridden and Doctors
attended on me. In April 1952, the Doctors gave up hope of my recovery, when
I started vomiting blood profusely. They gave two days time for me to die!
Some friends had advised me to worship Sai Baba (his temple is opposite to
my house) and I had hung up Baba's picture in front of me and worshipped
Him. After looking into his photo, I got affection for him. The continuous
attraction of his photo on my mind and my relatives' talk gave me a sudden
vision of Sai Baba when I was awake at 6PM. He told me: 'I am not a fakir. I
am an incarnation of Datta. I will take care of you - don't worry.' The next
day, I got two books in Gujarathi on Sai Baba and read them.

"Two days later, when Doctors completely gave up hopes and said that I may
not survive till evening, Baba appeared in front of me at about 1 PM. First
a light came from the door and Baba came in that light and my mother. I
heard his words in Gujarathi which meant: "Child, fear not. I have taken
away all your troubles. Send your son Turt immediately to Shirdi." Then he
disappeared through the door.

I consulted my mother and we decided to send my son to Shirdi the same day.
Again Baba appeared at 6 PM and said: "Don't worry! I am with your son also.
Tomorrow by 12 noon you will receive a telegram from him saying that he has
reached Shirdi safe." When we told our visions to the Doctors they laughed
at us and made fun of me as well as Sai Baba. The Doctors felt them mere
hallucinations.

"Next day, as Sai Baba had promised we got the telegram from my son about
his reaching Shirdi safe. Then the turning point started. I began to purge.
I continuously purged for 24 hours. Urine also passed. No blood passed. My
body became light and the heart beat and pulse became normal. When weighed,
I was only 175 pounds, as against 300 earlier. Doctors were surprised at the
turn of events. From that time my health improved and in two months I became
my normal self. I have been attending to all work as a normal individual I
went to Shirdi and completed South Indian pilgrimage. Sai Baba commanded me
to visit His shrine in AISS, Madras, which I have done. Indeed Baba is
guiding me and. protecting me."

In 1953 was the first appearance of Baba to Sri Mankewalla but this did not
stop with 1953. He had repeated appearances and help of Sai Baba, 'Sai Baba
is ever active from His Samadhi' is illustrated from the message {published
in Sai Sudha - September 1954) from Sri Mankewalla runs as follows: " It is
with great sense of surprise, joy and blessedness that I am penning these
few lines to you, being yester night reminded by Sri Sai Baba, who, with His
habitual smiling face, inspired me in semi-awakened state at the dawn of the
morning to refer this matter to you, and to bring to your notice that 'Sri
Baba is always present before His bhaktas.' He is the guiding and all
pervading power that shapes the ends of devotees and even of the Universe.
He has once saved me from the jaws of death, and he only guides me in all my
and everybody's career, in this world. I saw Baba standing before me with
his stick laughing, and telling me the above fact and especially asking me
to refer the same to you (Narasimha Swamiji). Why? That I do not know.

By the grace of Sai Baba after I recovered from (attack of the icy hands of
pluto) death. I appeared in many civil and criminal cases and I have become
successful in all cases. Every moment in life, I feel the presence of Sai
Baba. I always feel that like a parent taking care of his child, He always
takes care of me. I have some times to pass through severe tests in life. I
had to struggle hard with worldly affairs, but in all, I am triumphant. Even
in spiritual worship, Baba's presence is felt. He always reminds me at the
proper time, and makes me feel that He is present watching all my movements,
and guiding and shaping my life's career in a wonderful way.

"I again remind you that I am writing you this at the express command of Sri
Baba, who has commanded me to refer this matter to you."

Sai Baba is undoubtedly now living and retaining the same nature and
carrying on the same mission. During His life in the flesh up to 1918 at
Shirdi, Baba said "Maim Allahum". His nature, functions, and mission were
all divine. These are undoubtedly to help people who put faith in God,
especially in the form of Sai. So, Sai is still carrying His mission of
removing the distress, of strengthening faith, of helping devotees’ in.
trouble and of leading those who surrender themselves to Him to the highest
goal that man can attain.
(Source Saipadananda Magazine October 1994)

No comments: