Thursday, March 09, 2006

Satsang Faith Can Move Mountains (January 1984)

I had been to Shirdi before, on three occasions, but with a different
problem, each time all of which were satisfactorily solved by my Lord Sai
Baba.
The   very   next   day,   with   my   husband   and   children,   I reached
Shirdi.Entrusting   my husband   with the problem of lodging, etc. I immediately
ran to my dear  father's abode,    There in His royal presence I forgot
all   my   worries and  woes and found peace of mind.    I looked at His
Majestic  personality with tear-streaming eyes, and  placed my problem in
His care.
Later on in the calm and serene atmosphere of Dwarkamai I poured my heart
out to Him. I spoke to Him as I would to the elders in my family and called
upon Him to help. Sai never sends anyone empty-handed, I too returned home
with His Udi and His blessings, thrilled with the joy of His protection.
"Cast all your burdens on me and I shall bear them". He had said and I
believed Him. So, I knew that when one enters the Dwarkamai his goal is
achieved.
In November '81 my maternal aunt (one of the quarters I had knocked before,
seeking help), a widow now, came to stay with us.
Casually she asked me when I would perform the Navjote of my sons. I
appraised her of my mother-in-law's dream and how difficult it was for me to
realise the cherished dream.
Deeply moved by my sincerity, she, of her own accord, promptly offered
financial assistance to pay for the costs.
I was taken aback and all agog to hear this. The offer had come from the
blue, What a Leela ! What a Miracle ! My father 'Sai' had heeded to my
prayer and set the ball rolling, grinds slow but sure.
Besides our  own contribution  of Rs.  10.000/- (from society etc.) my
aunt   had offered   another Rs. 11,OOO/-,    The monetary side   was
solved  in a jiffy.    When Baba  wills,   it does not rain, it pours.
The   occasion could be now celebrated with pomp.
I had   set   my   heart   on   having   the   Navjote  on the 26 January
1982.    But the hotel was fully  booked for the next months.    Not a
single date was available,    I could see my hope going up in flames.
That night as I lay in a semi-awake state, wondering what would happen, I
suddenly felt Baba's presence in the room. His image on the wall glowed-a
strange Mona Lisa Smile played on His face. "Do not fear child. My eye is
ever on those who love me, I am always aware of everything. Try again
tomorrow' He assured me. A great calm fiilled me. I went to sleep.
I tried again the next day and was told that the hotel could be   available
on   the   25th   of  January    1982   (A   Monday husband's   Off-day)
due   to   a  cancellation.    A  second   bolt surprise.   I was   humbled.
He was   right.  I must trust Him, made the necessary bookings immediately,
From then on everything, connected with the occasion, went well and we were
able to make the dream of my  mother-in-law come true, through the
benevolence of my father 'Sai'.    My  sons moved about,   bedecked   in the
richest of clothes, smart as ever proud as a pair of peacocks.
Yes, dear Sai - brothers and Sai-sisters, faith in Sai, had made the
impossible possible. Without a single farthing in the month of October, we
had performed a grand Navjote in the month January - a span of only four
months.
See how faith in Sai moved mountains.

Mrs. H. K. Chhapgar
Thane
___________________
 

No comments: