Friday, March 31, 2006

Subject: Satsang Bhakta Leela Amrut by Das Ganu Maharaj

Dear Devotees

The great work of Bhakta Leela Amrut, and Shri Katha Amrutha was written by
Das Ganu Maharaj when Shirdi Sai Baba was alive, and this book was used for
doing Sai Satyavratha during Babas time.
This book was orginally written in Marathi, and this was translated into
english by Sai Seva Sangh, Kano-Nigeria and published by Shirdi Sai Trust
Trichunapally.

We are publishing all the four chapters for the benefit of devotees.

with regards
Saileelas.org team

Chapter-31
Om Shree Ganeshayanamah.! I pray to Lord Ganesh 'I pray to Lord Umapati.!!!
0 Lord! I am praying to you in the evening ("pradosh kal"). I am your child
and do not ignore me. You have chosen the most pleasant Kailas mountain as
your abode. You appeared in the past as angry Veerbhadra when Daksha
Prajapati insulted you. O Pashupati, you are always alert to protect your
devotees. Why then are you ignoring me! 0 Merciful Parvatiraman! May be you
think this sinful ignoramus is not worthy of your grace and therefore do not
appear before me. O Shoolapani, O Umanath, remember the hunter and forgive
me as you have forgiven him. I am your child and pray, do not ignore me.

The devotees of the Lord, no matter what caste they were born in, become one
with Narayan. They all belong to one caste only, just as there is only one
life force in every heart and only one person - the Lord himself How then
can there be any duality? The devotees do not hold different opinions, nor
do they take pride in any particular faith. In the past, great saints like
Kamal and Kabir appeared on this earth. Did the Lord think of their caste?
The Lord hungers for devotion, which he finds but rarely. He sells himself
to the devotee who makes a bid for his grace with pure devotion. All
devotees are dear to Lord Hari, no matter what caste or circumstances they
are born in.

About twelve miles to the south of the Godavari near Kopergaon, is the
village Shirdi. There appeared in that village a very pious Maharaj called
Sai Baba by his devotees. Nobody knew where he came from. If anybody asked
him where he came from or what his name was, the Maharaj would answer, the
answer coming pat like rain after, thunder: "I belong to no place I am
Nirguna. But bound as I am by karma I got this form- this body of mine. The
universe is my abode. Brahma is my father and Maya my mother, and they gave
me this body." His heart, however, was always full of bliss. He knew the
world is mortal. This Maharaj brought off a number of miracles. I can.not
describe all of them here.

Shirdi was a very small place in those days with just a few small shops
dealing in groceries of everyday .

(Source
http://www.saileelas.org/books/4chap.htm)

No comments: