Friday, March 31, 2006

Subject: Satsang EXPERIENCES (Sai Sudha May 1944)

EXPERIENCES (May 1944)
About the end of the 1st week of March 1944, one night I was sleeping alone, in my sub-conscious state of mind, I heard the voice of Sree Sai Baba uttering the expression "5000 (Five thousand times) Nama japam" Having become accustomed to His method of warning in my particular case. I thought there must be calamity which will befall me shortly and that the said calamity has to be warded off by making namajapam of Baba. The next day I heard from my clerk that I have been prosecuted under the Indian Arms Act
for failure to deposit my revolver at once after the refusal of the renewal of my license. The refusal by the Government was due to my old age, which disqualified me to hold and use the revoler. Accordingly I received summons to appear before the Special 1st class Magistrate, Gooty, on 28-3-44. The case was adjourned to 31-3-44. I appeared my brother Pleaders both young and old. The old Pleaders advised me to move the District Magistrate for the withdrawal of the case pending against me. I prepared the petition with help of my brother Pleaders and sent it on through my clerk for presentation to the District Magistrate, through a brother Pleader. This petition was sent by me only after making serious namajapam of Baba 5000 times the previous night, i.e., on 29-3-44. My brother Pleader presented my petition to the District Magistrate who passed orders for the withdrawal of the case pending
against me.

Dear Readers: - There are some lessons to be learnt from this experience was determined to contest the case as I had committed no offence under the Arms Act, thought the offences was opined by some as being a technical one. Baba overcome my stubbornness to proceed with the case by making my brother pleaders to interfere and to advise me to apply for withdrawal of the case. Dear Readers please note that Baba not only gave me a timely warning during my sleeping state, of the impending calamity, but also brought pressure from
my brother Pleaders to apply for withdrawal of the case without contesting it in a court of law. Baba also showed me a method by which I can ward off the evil. I immediately surrendered and obeyed his orders and the case was withdrawn. Let it be stated in this connection that about more than half a dozen licensees whose licenses were not renewed have been fined Rs.20 or 25 for this very same offence which was withdrawn in my case. This is a clear and positive proof that Baba takes care of his devotees at all times and on all occasions giving timely caution and advise. May Baba help us for all time to come.
Gooty, 17-4-44

S.Subba Rao,
Pleader


___________________

No comments: