Monday, July 31, 2006

Satsang The Greatest Proof

The Greatest Proof
Love - How Baba Developed
Conferring of benefits is the surest means of the development

of love. Baba conferred benefits in a very peculiar, often in a
very mysterious way and the manner of benefit being conferred,
as well as the nature of benefit being conferred, equally tended
to develop the mysterious element of LOVE.
- By Mr. Usha Ranganathan


"I take it that,
When a man's life ends in death (What is called death),
Another mother gives him birth, with sturdier limbs
and brighter brain
And the old soul takes the road again
Whatever he has blessed or cursed,
come back to him in exact measure.
To make him wonder why this stranger helps
and the other hinders, not knowing that all these are his
own actions in exact measure.
Thus the old Soul is born again and again,
till it is cast in purest gold."


Recently, I was deeply moved by a plea from a broken hearted
mother. A short time ago her three-year old daughter was hit
by a car in the street and killed instantly. "Who is God and
where is He that He would allow this thing to happen?" She
asked, "How do we know there is anything beyond death? I
must know, somehow, that my daughter is not dead, just
gone for a while, and that I will see her again some day"

Out of my own experience, I understand this need of knowing.
It always comes when death invades one's personal world.
Prior to my husband, Dr. R. J. Rang Nathan's death in
December 1990, I had never seriously considered the subject
to immortality. In fact, for years I had been doing what many
do -ducking, pretending that my family members and I had a

long lease of life. We were still young. Why should we even
think about such gloomy matters? Then came that day when,
like the young mother, I needed answers. And I wanted them
to be authoritative answers, not just someone's opinions. So
I went directly to the most authoritative source I know - Sai
Satcharitra. Here I found solid help.


My first discovery was that Hemadpant never argued about
immortality any more than Sai Baba argued about the
existence and the love of God. The reason for these
assumptions is that wise men knew that certain matters
can never be proven by logic. They must be experienced.
Then we know, and not until then.

During His talks with devotees, Sai Baba pointed to them
the path that they should follow in order that they might
know. 'Believe Me, though I pass away, My bones in My
tomb will give you hope and confidence. Not only Myself
but My tomb would be speaking, moving and communicating
with those who surrender themselves wholeheartedly to Me."
"Watch Me." He seemed to be saying when He appeared

in the dream vision of Laxman Mama Joshi. He seemed to
be saying: "Watch I am ever Living." His assurance 'If you
spread your palms with devotion before Me, I am readily
with you day and night. Then you will know finally and

forever that there is no death.

(to be contd...)

Saipadananda Magazine July 1995
Source:
http://www.saileelas.org/magazines/saipadananda/oct95.htm

No comments: