Thursday, August 03, 2006

Satsang The Miracle of Sai Baba's Udi

After prostrating on His Lotus feet and garlanding His Portraits
at Dwarka Mai and Chaudi, I came to Samadhi Mandir for
'ABHISHEK' and to attend the noon arti.

No sooner the noon arti was finished, at Samadhi Mandir, I
retired to my room with a mind to get up at 4 pm or 4.30 pm
to go to Dwarka Mai for reading the religious books at His
Lotus feet. But some unknown force woke me up at about
3.00 pm, and directed me to get ready and go to Dwarka Mai.
It was about 3 30 pm when I reached at the 'Sacred Place'
where I was asked by the 'Blessed Attendant' to serve Baba
by cleaning and wiping His two portraits and five Padukas,
which adore the holy shrine. My joy knew no bounds, while
serving Baba this way, since I never expected this service
to come at that hour. The privilege to serve Baba this way,

was just due to His kind mercy showered upon me.

After rendering this service to Baba at Dwarka Mai, I bowed
before Him and started reading the religious books named
SAI-CHALISA - DURGA CHALISA - HANUMAN- CHALISA
AND SHRI SAI SATCHARITRA. The Maharaj (who looks
after chaudi Mandir) came unexpectedly from somewhere
and saw me with a book named 'Incredible Sai Baba' by

Mr. Arthur Osborne. On seeing this book, he sat next to
me and started discussing various miracles and leelas
performed by Baba, as narrated by Mr, Arthur Osborne, in
his book.

During the discussion, I heard myself saying to him 'who
says Baba is dead. He is still alive. His body has only been
merged with holy earth, which has to be since He was in
human form. He is on the planet guiding our destiny. He is
omnipotent, Incarnate, never dies. Dwarka Mai is the place
where one should come first to pay his respects, since this
Sacred Soil has been blessed by Him, all His life. From
this place, He blessed His devotees to achieve their spiritual
as well as materialistic goal. This entire place is surcharged
with His 'Divine Fragrance and reminds His devotees, the
memories of His past leelas'. While expressing these
sentiments to Maharaj, I turned my eyes towards His
Padukas and saw that the entire Padukas had been smeared
with Udi. I could not understand this phenomena of Nature at

that time. But it did coincide with the arrival of two devotees,
who whispered between themselves in Marathi, and left the
shrine. Later on, Maharaj translated the same to me, which
reads as follows :

'Look, at Baba's Padukas. with Udi' How beautifully they are
smeared After their departure, no devotee came to this holy
shrine for darshan for another ten to fifteen minutes, though
usually this place is always filled with a number of devotees
Probably, Baba with His Bizzari way did not permit any of
the devotees to enter in Dwarka Mai, since the sacred Udi
which was miraculously smeared on His Padukas was only
meant for me. At 4-55 pm, I suggested to Maharaj to go to
Chaudi and sit there for a while On getting up, he drew my
attention to the sacred Udi smeared so scientifically on the
Padukas {looking as snowed) which a short while ago, my

hands had the privilege of cleaning and washing. It appeared
that the whole of that Udi will make a good quantity, but when
it was collected by Maharaj, it turned out to be just a pinch.
It was brownish in colour and glittering like a diamond with its
divine lustre. It was Baba's Prasad for me, in appreciation of
my ardent faith bestowed in His Omnipresence. I now wear
as an armlet filled with this precious, holy of holy, and most
sacred Udi which sanctifies my thoughts, kindles my day to

day's darkened path and guides my destiny. It inspires me
to cherish the desire of my life's goal and fills my heart with
reverence. The very thought that He is associated with my
destiny enriches the aura of my life with His divine fragrance.

(Source Shri Sai Leela Magazine August 1974)

No comments: