Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Satsang Kusha Bhav and Babas Udi

Satsang Kusha Bhav and Babas Udi

Now here was my opportunity. By His miraculous powers, He had produced sweet
potatoes from His mouth. I treated it as prasad, fell upon it, seized it
with my mouth and ate it up. Baba abused me, kicked me and beat me. But I
did not mind at all in the least, as I was overjoyed at having got His
uchchishta as prasad. I knew also that as with Akalkote Maharaj, so with
Baba His beating and abuse were auspicious and beneficial. If Baba kissed a
man and sent him off, as He did sometimes, that was not auspicious. But in
an instant, Baba's mood was changed. His anger, real or pre-tented, gave way
to warm appreciation of my unquestioning faith in Him and He lovingly placed
His hand on my head and blessed me. He said that I would thenceforth have
the power by barely thinking of Him and holding up my palms, to pour
abundance of Udhi from my palms.

(At this stage, Kushabhav at once put his two empty palms together and held
them above and in front of his face, lifted his face up and closed his eyes,
for (or as though he was in) prayer and in a minute he cried. Here is ‘Udhi
’ 'Hold your hand under and receive the Udhi' and he began to drop a stream
of fresh Udhi from between his palms. We (i.e) .I.B.V.N.Swami and Mr.
Avaste, stretched out a piece of paper and took some ounces of udhi, folded
the same into packets and took the same.)
This miraculously produced Udhi could be distributed by me to those who have
faith and want prasad from me, and the Udhi would remove troubles. This
power was at once vested in me and did not require any japa on my part. I am
since then using this power to grant Udhi prasad to those who want it. This
Udhi will remove various evils and can be used. It might even cure lack of
issue, But, in cases of menstrual disorder, it would be better to see the
issueless lady, before deciding on the remedial measure necessary. As for
the old power of producing pedhos etc., I am mostly obeying Baba's
interdictory order. But occassionally. I have yeilded to the importunity of
people, who ask me to produce pedhas etc.

This power of counteracting evil spells and black magic I have exercised
without compunction. Within the last month Mr. Rajmachikar's grandson was
getting mysterious "biba marks' (i.e marks of the marking-nut) on his body
or on his clothes or bed clothes without any visible cause. That is a
well-known species of black magic and there are specific mantras (that I
have practised) to counteract these and other similar evil practices. I was
sent for and I came and went on with these counteracting mantras and my
Datta pooja, arati etc., at Rajmachikar's. That checked the black magic. On
18-7-36, Saturday, when, as usual, the magical biba marks should apeear,
none appeared and the evil spell is now counteracted.

After I stayed three years with Baba. my father came up and took me. At my
departure, Baba said 'Next time when you come, come two of you', A little
later, I and my father went to Shirdi and paid our respects to Baba. Then He
said that by his pharse 'come two’ He means that I should marry and come
with a wife. Soon after my father took me from Shirdi, I had married a wife;
yet still I liked to go and stay with Baba. So, I went to Him alone, and
stayed with Him for a long time, though married. Then my wife came up and
took me away with her. Now I have children and grandchildren.

On one of my visits, Baba told me ‘Why do you take the trouble to come up
all this distance to see me? I am there’. He then have a specific
description of a plot of land In my village as his residence. I went up
later and after clearing the prickly part on it, I found there was a
somodhfe there. I bought up that land and at that samadhi, I have my
worship. There Baba gives me darshan. So I am not going to Shirdi after
that - except for the Ramanavami.

The power of producing Udhi etc., which I have got is communicable by me.
But the would-be recipient of the power would have to undergo a rigorous
course of an austere discipline (e.g.) six montths of absolute
brahmacharya( i.e.) continence.

Source Devotees Experience of Sai Baba by Narasimha Swamy

No comments: