Thursday, June 14, 2007

Satsang Kusha Bhav and Babas Udi

Satsang Kusha Bhav and Babas Udi

Kusha Bhav and Babas Udi
'Kusha Bhav' (alias) KRISHNAJI KASINATH JOSHI son of Kashinath Padmakar
Joshi, Joshi Vattandr, Brahmin, aged 70, (10 miles off Ahmednagar)
Mirazgaon, says:
I was given a mere elementary Vernacular School Examination education to
qualify myself for a School Master's place on Rs. 5 or 7 per mensem. I got
trained also for the hereditary duties of the village priest. I did not care
for either. We were poor. In these circumstances, I wanted to devote myself
to a life of bhakti. I found a Guru in Datta Maharaj, a truly great and
Satvic soul. He took me away from time to time and trained me in yoga. Under
him I learnt Asanas, Pronoyoma and the rousing of the Kundalini SaktL But,
in my youthful waywardness, I was not contented with all that and asked my
Guru to impart to me the mantras he knew which gave worldly powers creating
spells and breaking spells, exercising devils and invoking them &c. The Guru
very unwillingly imparted the mantras to me, on account of my Importunity
and I went through the necessary Japa and sodhona I wore an iron bangle,
repeated the mantras asprescribed for the required number of times, I
succeeded in getting possession of the coveted powers. I could simply utter
a mantra and order the production of sweetmeats, pedhos and and the like.
And the articles I ordered would at once appear and be filling my hands.
These I would show to others and distribute. The pedha etc., I could not
use. I could not and should not eat or sell them but I gave them away to the
admiring or wondering people about me. I could also destroy the evil spells
of others. The production of pedha etc. was not by the use of evil spirits
(e.g.) Yakshas, Jinns etc... This latter method is dangerous. It will
extinguish one’s life. The spirits might even begin to cause physical harm
to the man, who uses them. In my case, the articles required were produced
purely rnantric power without the use of these evil spirits.
When I was aged about twentytwo and fully armed with these magical powers,
my Guru resolved to go away from our society into the Himalayas and live
there alone right up the end of his life. He started north and took me with
him upto Delhi. There he wished to part company with me finally. As to what
I should do, after he went away, he told me that there was one Sai Baba of
Shirdi, whom he referred to as his elder brother that I should go to Him
and do whatever ne directs. Saying this, the Guru went away and disappeared
from me and this part of the country: and I have not seen or heard anything
more of him since.
Then (i.e.) in 1908, I went to Shirdi and found Sai Baba. He would not
allow me to be with him till I should throw away my iron bangle and stop
the production of pedhas etc., by mantric means. As His order was strict;
I broke and threw away my iron wristlets and stopped my mantric production
of articles like pedha etc. To sustain myself I begged food here and there
at Shirdi. I had no abode. He ordered me to sit in a corner of the mosque
and go on reading Dasbodha during the day, and I did so. At night, I would
sleep in any place I could find space to lie on. He gave neither me nor
anyone else any upadesh mantra etc.

(to be contd....)
Source Devotees Experience of Sai Baba by Narasimha Swamy

No comments: